Una Granadina Americana

My adventures while living and learning in Granada, Spain.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Returning Home

Well, I am not returning to the States yet, but my parents have decided that life in Spain is not working out for them so tomorrow they are leaving and on Wednesday they´ll be back in Chicago, well not in Chicago but nearby. I am sad that they are leaving, but understand their decision. The plans we made for them to live here were made quickly and have not made it very easy. Moira has not spoken to a child her own age in six weeks now and if for no other reason they are returning home, such as it is having sold our house. I miss them already, but am also very happy to be staying here.

I am currently trying to figure out when and for what purpose I will be returning to the United States. I already know that I will be home for July and part of August, but I do not know if I will then stay to work or return to Spain to work in the fall. One way or another I need to be working in the fall. I am currently looking for jobs both here and at home and we´ll see what happens. Wherever I can find a job working with students - hopefully teaching - that is where I will go. Or if that fails I guess it´ll be back to food service in the States.

I have also decided that I will definately be applying to Harvard Divinity School for the fall of 2007. I recently realized that more than anything else what I want to do is go to HDS. I don´t think I have ever wanted anything so badly as I want to attend HDS.

So that is what´s going on with me right now. I am eternally preoccupied with finding a job for the fall and looking forward to applying to Harvard. I have some photos of the Alhambra to post soon - when I can get to the wifi bar with my laptop - so check in again soon if you´d like to see photos of the most amazing building ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home